We are here to help you. If you have need of our services, please call us, day or night. Or, if you prefer, you can fill out the form on the right.
Are you thinking about pre-planning your funeral? Pre-planning is the best way to choose how you're remembered, to ease the emotional and financial burden on your loved ones, to protect yourself from rising funeral costs, and to let your family know your final wishes.
Click here to learn more, or fill out this form and we will contact you.
We provide our families with an open door policy. Please feel free to contact us 24 hours a day.
Lewis Funeral Homes
2907 Mulberry Avenue,
Muscatine, IA 52761
Lewis Funeral Homes
2907 Mulberry Avenue
Muscatine, IA US
If you are looking for information on a particular topic, or if you are looking for a loved one who has been entrusted to our care, you can use the form below to narrow down your search.
The Lewis Homes for Funeral and Cremation services strives to fulfill the needs of the family bereaved members to begin their grief journey. Through the professional services provided before, during and after the funeral service, the Lewis Homes for Funeral and Cremation Services are dedicated to providing service to families, not to the sale of incidental merchandise to families.
Professional Service expense found on the General Price List is reflective of the extensive services provided to families we serve. The incidental merchandise expense found on the Casket and Outer Burial Container Price List is less than any other area full funeral service provider. The Lewis Home for Funeral and Cremation Services staff strives diligently to assist families at the worst times of their lives through service, not through merchandise sales.
One of the most effective methods of controlling funeral service expense is to perform the loving act for your family of funeral service prearrangement. Please do not hesitate to inquire about any of our extensive professional services available before, during or after the funeral that may assist you in your understanding of the funeral service process, services available or an explanation of the funeral service prearrangement process.
Also, for those that are shopping for the best price, we have several suggestions that may help you in your inquiry.
Tips for Shopping Around
1) When comparing prices the only comparison that is relevant is the total cost, which are the Funeral Service Professional Services PLUS the Casket cost. As such, it is advisable to avoid comparing only part of the total cost, such as only the service charge. It is possible for a provider to lower one aspect of their charges only to make up a perceived cost advantage on other charges, such as raising merchandise costs.
2) Take care to make sure that you’re comparing apples to apples. This means by adding the same services provided plus similar, if not identical, merchandise provided can make a meaningful price comparison. Also, compare the funeral homes services provided. For example, the value of services received are not the same if another provider’s charge for Professional Services does not include several visitation and service times options, toy rooms for children and children’s programs, a family room for adults to relax and have refreshments in during visitation, personalized custom designed memorial folders with family pictures, an in-house production of a personalized memory video to commemorate a life lived, a community room at no charge for a luncheon after the funeral service and aftercare of grief newsletters, workshops and support groups. If a funeral provider does not offer at least these minimal services listed above, then they are not a full service funeral home nor a good value for the money spent.
3) If you seek the lowest price without regard to what you’re getting for that price, then you’ll probably find that elsewhere. Our focus and goal is to provide the best value, defined by what you get compared to what you pay. Striving to pay the lowest price possible generally results in getting what you pay for.
4) The Lewis Homes for Funeral and Cremation Services have been in their respective communities for decades, in some cases for over a century. They are established businesses, active in their communities and donate personally and financially for the betterment of their communities. It is unreasonable for individuals in the community to expect a business to contribute to the betterment of the community if people take their funeral service business out of town rather than using their local Lewis Funeral Home where the cost is generally less and the value is greater. For example, our charge for the Accommodation Economy Cremation at Lewis Funeral Homes is $1,550.00. The charge by the Cremation Society is $1,527.00 plus a $45 membership fee. Compare apples to apples and you will always find the best value at your hometown Lewis Funeral Home.
5) Since many people don’t have complete knowledge about funeral service or the options available, ask for help. Through our prearrangement staff, you can get answers to the questions you have without obligation or expense! With our assistance, you’ll be able to make knowledgeable, educated and financially sound decisions. Call 1 866 263 8112 for an appointment in the comfort of your own home or at any Lewis Home for Funeral and Cremation Service.
Grieving doesn't always end with the funeral: subscribe to our daily grief support email, designed to help you a little bit every day, by filling out the form below.